Teach a Parent...
Reach a Child.
Adult literacy impacts entire families.
According to the National Institute of Health, "A mother’s reading skill is the greatest determinant of her children’s future academic success, outweighing other factors, such as neighborhood and family income."
Literacy Council of Tyler offers free classes to adults in GED preparation, adult basic literacy and English as a second language.
Why not honor someone who has made a difference in your life?
- $25 is great! This can buy a textbook for a GED student
- $50 is terrific! This provides a month of classroom instruction
- $100 is awesome! This will provide opportunities for more than one student
- $500 is amazing! This gift will pay for an entire year of classes for a student
Gifts can be given in any amount, so change a life today!
To make a tax-deductible donation via PayPal click on the "Donate" button below.
(You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal. All major credit cards are accepted.)
* If this is a gift, we would love to send your honoree a card. Please enter honoree name, address and any personalized message in the "Add Special Instructions to LCOT" section of PayPal checkout.